Hello

Welcome to the Smith family blog, where our life is told. The purpose of this page is to share our life with family, friends and co-laborers. We work for a Christian Junior College called Ignite, located in Christiansburg, VA. Ignite exists to educate, train, and equip emerging leaders to discover and pursue their Life-Mission. We are part of that story, and this is where that story is shared. Enjoy.

The Smiths


Sunday, December 5, 2010

Travel Updates


Hello again!

As I write this blog entry, I'm sitting in my living room listening to soft Christmas music and  watching the first snowfall!  (random...I just witnessed Aubrey do her first somersault)  Between my sips of hot chocolate, I reflect on all of our "Christmas preparations" this past week:

-Sumer has knocked out the majority of the Christmas shopping!
-The Christmas tree in Hannah's room and the living room are all decorated!
-Lights were strung on the balcony.
-Amy Grant (Holiday) station has been set on Pandora.  (It's a good one)
-The Mistletoe Candles are unpacked and burning
-Hannah and I made the first batch of chocolate chip cookies for the Christmas season. 


That's a pretty good start to December!  I look forward to creating countless memorable moments this Christmas season!  I hope the same for your family.


Well, I promised to give travel updates as a way to include you in our journey.  This past Wednesday I traveled to Madison, AL with my father-in-law.  The scenery of snow-capped Smokey Mountains and cities tucked in valleys made for a fun 7 1/2 hour car ride.  Over 80 individuals gathered at Restoration Church for a two day, 16 hour disaster relief training.  We sifted through 184 pages of disaster relief details, learned FEMA leadership structures and reviewed Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and Kubler-Ross's Grief Cycle.  I can now say that I am a FEMA-approved Foursquare Disaster Relief Chaplain/Worker.  This means that I am certified and recognized by the government to bring physical and spiritual aid to disastrous situations.  We don't like that disasters happen, but it's good to know trained leaders are ready to take action should unfortunate situations happen.  


I was thrilled to meet some young guys at the training who were interested in going through IGNITE!  And speaking of IGNITE, next Wednesday Sumer and I will be flying to Kansas City for some planning meetings!  The momentum and excitement for IGNITE continues to build!  2011 is going to be incredible!


We love you all!
the smiths






 

No comments:

Post a Comment